Show your students the world! Open their eyes to cultural diversity across the globe and at home. Download activities, pictures to color, and Mayan stories from InHerit’s
Resources for Teachers
- Introduce children to a disappearing indigenous language. Download free exercises and glossaries in Yucatec Mayan, Q’eqchi’ Mayan, and Itza Mayan here.
- Add a lesson on ancient and modern indigenous heritage to your 3rd to 6th grade curriculum. Download stories here to develop lesson plans that require little to no extra materials or resources!
- Young children can practice their Spanish skills and learn about indigenous heritage while completing fun activities or coloring. Download sample pages from Soy Maya! I am Maya! – a tri-lingual coloring book – or En el Camino de los Antepasados – a bilingual activity book in Spanish and Yucatec Mayan. Buy the complete book for a fully tax-deductible donation to InHerit.
- Organize a trip to a local heritage site or museum. In the United States, find a list of local heritage areas at http://www.nps.gov/history/heritageareas/.
- Invite a guest from a nearby indigenous community to your classroom to talk about their heritage.
Los Antiguos Mayas
Libros de Colorear
Kab’e Kan o Cabrican: Un Nombre para Temblar
Los Caminos de Maiz